Two things real quick:
1. It’s game day! Smokin’ Jay Cutler and the Bears look for their first W of the season on the road against the San Francisco 49ers. Good luck Smokin’ Jay!
2. Smokin’ Jay Cutler turned 2 today! Thanks to everyone for supporting the site!
That is all.
Fibonacci you crazy bastard….
As seen in the solar system (by no ridiculous coincidence), Earth orbits the Sun 8 times in the same period that Venus orbits the Sun 13 times! Drawing a line between Earth & Venus every week results in a spectacular FIVE side symmetry!!
Lets bring up those Fibonacci numbers again: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34..
So if we imagine planets with Fibonacci orbits, do they create Fibonacci symmetries?!
You bet!! Depicted here is a:
- 2 sided symmetry (5 orbits x 3 orbits)
- 3 sided symmetry (8 orbits x 5 orbits)
- 5 sided symmetry (13 orbits x 8 orbits) - like Earth & Venus
- 8 sided symmetry (21 orbits x 13 orbits)
I wonder if relationships like this exist somewhere in the universe….
bilingual my ass. you’re either heterolingual or homolingual
Illustrations by Christian Schloe
Our Quarterly boxes are now
$50$30. The next box will include a hardcover photobook of Brandon C. Long's Polaroid photography and one lucky subscriber will receive a Polaroid camera and a pack of Impossible film: quarterly.co/art
logging onto tumblr near autumn